BF Saturday Line-up
The running order for artists on Saturday 16 September is:
- Midday @ Bognor Library - Mikey Georgeson - Multimedia installation The Non-bifurcated Man + poet Cherry Smith + BlakeFest poet-in-residence Stella Bahin enabling community responses to a 360 degree virtual tour of Blake's Cottage
- 2pm meet at Hotham Park - Look for the cow! Join us for an informal picnic or if it’s raining meet at the Café.
- 2.45pm We will leave Hotham Park on a guided walk with Niall McDevitt
- Poet-psychogeographer, art-activist Niall McDevitt, author of three poetry collections, b/w (2010), Porterloo (2013), Firing Slits Jerusalem Colportage (2016) This is your chance to experience ‘Poetopography’ on a guided walk exploring Blake's connection to the local land ‘Beulah’ with psychogeographer Niall McDevitt (author of two de-gentrifying poetry collections ever trying to decode the London/Jerusalem conundrum)
The walk will join up with inimitable poet Stephen, author of The Punk Kings of Dyslexia.
- As a teenager in 1976-77, he wrote for the pioneering punk fanzine Sniffin’ Glue. He reviewed many early punk gigs in London, including the seminal 100 Club Punk Fest. He also founded the Brixton Poets, which he ran between 1986-97.
6pm – The Regis School of Music, Recital Room
Dusk heralds dedications to the divine and visionary with highly-acclaimed jazz/beat poet and Blake aficionado Michael Horovitz. He will be joined by Vanessa Vie (poet) and jazz musicians Annie Whitehead & Peter Lemer: the William Blake Klezmatrix Band. He has performed William Blake’s words in the Royal Albert Hall and the Victoria & Albert Museum last year.